Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bus-ted

Though I ride the same bus every morning, the same driver looks upon me blankly each time I board, as if to say, "fare, please" (though likely less the "please" -- we're in Israel after all). His memory can't possibly this bad, or else he'd certainly not know the way to my stop in Herzliya each morning. But I'm only all to happy to oblige the man. I love proving my credentials, demonstrating openly my right to ride for free and then proudly strutting on board with out the exchange of so much as an agora. I can't help but wonder whether he derives a reciprocal pleasure, thinking to himself every morning before he comes to work, "What great fortune in passenger fares awaits me today?" and then experiencing a small elation as each traveler presents their offering.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:26 AM , Blogger Dov said...

How did you manage to avoid Shekel transfer to Eged?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home