Thursday, December 27, 2007

Time to start planning the next trip

I'm in the taxi on the way to the airport. It costs 150 shekels, or about $37.50, to get to the Tel Aviv airport -- more than the amount required to reach neighboring cities. In light of the 9/11 attacks, I suppose that's a good thing, as any plane flown low enough to attack Tel Aviv would seem mighty out of place.

In truth, though, terror attacks aren't really on my mind. Rather, my fondness for this place occupies my present thoughts so heavily. My reluctance to leave overshadows my excitement to visit India. I had a great time visiting friends and family with my dad, and as before, I find myself leaving wanting more.

So maybe it wasn't entirely accidental that I couldn't find my passport this morning. I noticed it during my last-minute "essential inventory" check prior to leaving the hotel room for the airport, and for a minute I thought I would not be leaving today. When I finally unearthed the damn thing in the back pocket of the suit pants I wore last night, my dad expressed disappointment that I wasn't stuck in Israel just a bit longer, and as soon as he said it I realized I felt the same way.

I'll just have to start planning the next trip.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Blogger Dov said...

Here is the link to the photos taken during the time we were together in Israel and the following four days:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dovglazer/AbbaVeBenInIsraelDec2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home