Monday, December 31, 2007

The bearded maybe

I've been growing a beard for the past month. (More accurately, it's been growing on its own and I just haven't interrupted yet.) I'm astonished by the utter polarity of reactions I receive. There's no continuum; it's either, "Wow, a beard looks great on you -- you should definitely keep it!" or " So... how long do you think you're gonna keep that thing around?" -- nothing in between.

Which begs the question of what I plan to do, or put another way, whose opinion I trust most. This is a losing proposition for me, as somebody or another inevitably walks away thinking I just don't value them as a person. I should learn never to change anything, so as to preempt any perception that I'm soliciting feedback.

Anyhow, I think the beard is fun for now, and it took a while to get past the itchy stage, so it'll stay for the time being. Maybe a trim is in order, but I'd probably just alienate the rest of the beard fan club that way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home